The Buyer shall inspect the Goods immediately upon receipt and shall notify the Seller within 7 working days of delivery confirming in writing via email to email@example.com if the Goods are damaged or do not comply with the buyers purchase. If the Buyer fails to do so the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods.
Where a claim of defect or damage is made the Goods shall be returned by the Buyer to the Seller. The Buyer shall be entitled to a full refund (including delivery costs) plus any return postal charges if the Goods are in fact defective. Alternatively the buyer has the option to request a replacement for the good/goods ordered.
Refunds cannot be offered for goods if they are in working condition. If the buyer believes the goods are faulty the seller reserves the right to inspect the goods before issuing a refund. If the goods are deemed to be in working condition they will be returned to the buyer at the buyers cost. (Postage charges if any will apply again.)
Our returns department can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +64-3-5410270
Postal address: Supreme Biotechnologies NZ Ltd, 1B Kotua Place, PO Box 2450, Stoke, Nelson 7011 New Zealand
Privacy & Security
- We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
- We do not store any Credit Card information such as: Credit Card Numbers, Expiry Dates or CCV Numbers. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date.
- You can check the information that we hold about you by contacting us at email@example.com. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
- We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
- We do not pass on your details to third parties. In assessing your request for goods or services, we may use your information for the purposes of the prevention and detection of fraud. One of the purposes for which we may disclose your address and postcode details is to check against the IMRG Security Alert or any other Fraud Prevention Scheme.
- At all times where we disclose your information it will remain secure. To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases.
- By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity, a credit check is not performed and your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.